Dentures have been the go-to solution for replacing multiple missing teeth in one go for many decades now. They are made from tooth-colored ceramic and gum-colored acrylic, both of which are biocompatible and have excellent properties. Dentures can be fabricated either in a complete or partial form depending on the number of teeth you wish to get restored.
What Is the Difference Between Conventional and Partial Dentures?
Conventional or complete dentures are used to replace all the teeth in the mouth. In case you wish to get complete dentures but still have a few teeth left in the mouth, we at Troy Ha, DDS Family and Cosmetic Dentistry can have them extracted. Once the wounds heal, we will provide the dentures to you.
Partial dentures are preferred when you still have a good number of teeth intact but have lost most of your natural teeth. Replacing them with dental bridges or implants wouldn’t be a feasible solution, which is why we suggest partial dentures. They would be held firmly with the help of a metal framework, and the prosthetic teeth would sit adjacent to the existing natural ones.
Why Should You Choose Dentures?
- Dentures are made from dental-grade material, which gives them the necessary strength and durability.
- With optimum care, dentures last for many years without any hassle.
- Dentures restore both oral functionality and aesthetics.
- The prosthetic teeth can be customized to match the appearance of your natural teeth perfectly.
- Dentures are custom-fabricated, thus providing excellent fit and comfort. Their custom fabrication also keeps them from getting displaced in the mouth when you bite and chew food.
- In case the dentures need restoring, such as rebasing or relining, they can be done with ease.
What is the Procedure to Get Dentures at Troy Ha, DDS?
During your first visit at our Long Beach, CA office, a thorough screening process will be carried out to determine your need for dentures. If there are any remaining damaged or decayed teeth, we will have them extracted before scanning the teeth using a digital hand-held scanner. The data from the images will be used to create a 3D digital impression of the teeth that will be used as a reference for fabricating the dentures.
After a couple of weeks, the fabrication of the dentures will be completed and the dentures will be ready for use. We will place the dentures in your mouth and check how it fits. In case you feel the dentures do not fit well or need a change in contour, we will make the modifications and provide perfectly fitting dentures to you. The dentist will also share suitable aftercare instructions to ensure the dentures last for many years without any hassle.
We invite you to schedule a consultation with our team of dental experts at our Long Beach, CA office to get all your oral concerns addressed at the earliest. Please call us at (562) 432-9883 or schedule an online consultation and we’ll be happy to help.